A view of Herodian!

If you look carefully at this picture, I have made it extra large,. . . you can see an interesting flat top mountain. This is the archaeological site of Herodian.  Now we know that it was the burial place of King Herod, and he built this mountain.  I was there a long time ago before they did the digging.  A had a friend who had a cousin who had the keys to the site and we went inside the tunnels underneath .  There we found some remains of the Bar Kochva revolt, no we didn't move anything, really.  And then we went up into the mountain, saw the wonderful rooms that Herod built.

Two years ago, there was an exhibit at the Israel Museum showing everything that my friend and I saw 20 years ago! I said to my family, yup, this is what it looks like, when they showed the videos of the place before the digging began.

So today, when I was dropping my son off at Yeshiva, I was driving along and this view popped up.  I dropped him off and then on the way back, I stopped the car and popped this picture.  I think that on a day right after it rains it might be clearer.  I'll try.

So, a nice way to start the day,
Rachael
If you have comments, put them in the comment box below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the way to Tiberius for a Shabbat at Archim, Memories of David Yshay Orbach ז"ל

The Rothschild Hospital

View of the Russian Convent in Eini Kerem.